1 comment so far
A Year of Travel
As I’ve mentioned in my latest entries, 2006 was a year of travel for me. Here’s a summary of all our travels:
February 22-25: Davao
March: Bae Day Trip
April 29-30: Calatagan
May 13-14: Batangas, Caliraya
May 22-25: Canyon Woods, Punta Fuego, Tagaytay (Teambuilding)
May 26-29: Bohol
June 10-12: Banahaw (Birthday!)
June 23-24: Tagaytay Sleepover, EK
June 30 – July 2: Baguio
July 15: Binan Day Trip
July 29: Subic Day Trip
August 18-21: Davao (Kadayawan!)
September 9-10: Clark (Duathlon)
September 16-17: Pagsanjan
October 7: Batangas Day Trip
October 27-29: Bolinao, Pangasinan
November 24-26: Baguio
December 1-3: La Union
December 16-18: Baguio
December 26-29: Pagudpud
I love it! More to come in 2007! We already have 3 planned – Cebu (for Sinulog) in January, Kuala Lumpur in February, and Iloilo in March. Hopefully we can also travel during Holy Week.
Send suggestions my way please!
The Year That Was… January 3, 2007Posted by carambs in Personal.
add a comment
1. What did you do in 2006 that you’d never done before?
I travelled so much!!! It was crazy! But I’m really happy!
2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don’t believe in new year’s resolutions. I believe in having plans for the year though. My major one, I was able to achieve – travelling. It was indeed a year of travel for me. The other one, losing weight – shit, no. I even gained weight. Damn.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
I wasn’t able to go out of the country. But still, I was able to go around the Philippines, to places I’ve never been to before.
6. What would you like to have in 2007 that you lacked in 2006?
I am planning to be more conscious with my weight. I wasn’t careful, and geez I got so much bigger. I would like to have the discipline to exercise – I really need this too. I should do something on the side, aside from work.
7. What date from 2006 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Lots of dates, mostly travels. I know the dates but there’s too many to list down here. Best one was my birthday, 2006 June 11, because I was able to go back to one of my favorite places ever, Mt. Banahaw.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
9. What was your biggest failure?
Well, some things I would rather not talk about.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
My gastritis came back, and I didn’t feel well a lot because of stress.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
I am such a shopaholic that I don’t know anymore! Here are some items that I love the most – my Nine West shoes, my white Life is Good pebble t-shirt, and my Life is Good backpack. I also bought so much from Dorothy Perkins this year.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
I think Fen did a great job and she really deserves to have her own categories.
13. Whose behaviour appalled you and made you depressed?
I guess the politicians will never change. I am so jaded that I really don’t care anymore.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Travel, travel and travel! So many roadtrips and local flights! The rest went to credit card payments, mostly for Dorothy Perkins items.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
My travels! And Cebu Pacific sales! Hehe.
16. What song will always remind you of 2006?
For some reason, U2 songs.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? same, so-so
ii. thinner or fatter? FATTER (all caps!)
iii. richer or poorer? a bit richer I think
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Shopping for things I don’t get to use.
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
Christmas Eve mass was in Gesu, then noche buena, then went to Binan on Christmas day for the clan lunch, then had dinner in Serye Eastwood with the Christmas gang (Sharon, Cathy, Mike O, Jovan, Lester, and Mike T), then took off for Pagudpud!
21. What was your favourite TV program?
Still the same programs, but with new additions. Project Runway was cool, then just a few days ago I started watching Prison Break. Cool show! House, though he annoys me so much, is a really good show, I think. I haven’t gotten into Grey’s Anatomy yet though, unlike my friends.
22. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Hmmm, how nice. I don’t think I *hate* anyone right now. Such a nice feeling.
26. What was the best book you read?
I didn’t read a lot this year. Come to think of it, I should read more. I’m still reading “The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time” by Mark Haddon. I think it’s a really good, unique book.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
The album Espresso Espresso, which we discovered through Marco. Wintersong of Sarah McLachlan which I discovered through Mike P.
28. What did you want and get?
I wanted to travel a lot and boy did I get it!
29. What did you want and not get?
Losing weight. Thing is, you can’t just *want* this. You have to do something about it. And I didn’t. So I will, in 2007!
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I went to Mt. Banahaw. Hiked a bit, and went to the caves. Spent the night at Kinabuhayan Cafe, drank the night away with the owner who’s such a cool guy!
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
If I could have travelled to another country…
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2006?
Same-same. Problem is that I had to shop for a new wardrobe because I got fatter. And I’m still getting bigger so this really has to stop – I won’t have money for another wardrobe!
34. What kept you sane?
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
I love Wentworth Miller.
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
Nothing. I really dont care anymore.
37. Who did you miss?
Friends who I didn’t see for a long time.
38. Who was the best new person you met?
Can’t think of any…
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2006.
You own your life. Do things that will make you happy, not because of what society dictates to us.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.